The Horizons region extends over 22,200km2 – from Ruapehu in the north and Horowhenua in the south, to Whanganui in the west and Tararua in the east. It’s a landscape as vast and varied as the over 240,000 people who call it home. At Horizons Regional Council we work to make our region a great place to live, work and play.
Horizons is seeking a customer focused, motivated and innovative Transport Planner. This is a permanent full time role based in our Palmerston North Office.
It is an incredibly exciting time for transport in our region with a number of large key infrastructure projects to be implemented in the immediate future. Our role is to coordinate the development of an integrated and strategic transport network for the region, to facilitate the safe and efficient movement of people, and to enable regional growth. A large part of this role will be facilitating our role in the ‘Accessing Central New Zealand’ work that has come out of the Accelerate 25 Regional Growth Action Plan. You would also be working to deliver and provide improvements to our public transport systems which offer social and economic connectedness within and between our urban centres. You will be using your planning skills to develop, advocate, analyze and monitor transport planning policy.
· You are experienced in transport planning with a relevant qualification in Planning, Human Geography or another related discipline.
· You will have evidence of, and experience in good project management skills.
· You will have the ability to translate strategy into processes and frameworks for others to use, and will see change as opportunity.
· Your engaging nature will be evident in the strong relationships that you have built with clients in your previous roles.
Why should you apply?
When you join us, you can look forward to a rewarding career full of opportunities to develop, along with a positive and supportive work environment. We do this through:
· Strong focus on employee health, wellness and wellbeing
· Flexible family friendly work environment
· Assistance with tertiary education
· Positive health and safety culture
· Capability development programmes that enable advancement into leadership roles, along with skill development across different functional jobs; and
· A supportive and social work environment where enduring friendships and collegiality develop.
Horizons are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring we have a diverse and inclusive workplace so our people reflect the diversity of our region.
Please Note: When applying, you will receive an email from QJumpers with a link to complete your application. We will not receive your application if this link is not followed and the application completed.
Applications close Sunday 20 October.